Instead I'll tell you what happened next. I started thinking.
And then, out of the blue, an idea hit me! WACOM should totally sponsor my blog, right?
What a great idea!
But how do get WACOM to notice me...? I decided to shoutout to @wacom on Twitter.
@wacom were on the ball and they responded two hours later, with this:
Plus, they spelled "huge" wrong.
So then I get a another Twitter 'mention' and this time it's from @dotandlil. Some of you may know Anne from her fantastic Dot & Lil luxury soap blog and shop, and some of you may know her from the SOAPER Hero. I know her in real life and she's sweet, loving, clever, beautiful ...and a real hardass businesswoman!! Yeesh.
She's always telling me I hafta get on the blower and phone people up and sell my wares. But I'm scared. I'm scared of the phone! Just the thought of calling WACOM turns me into a babbling three year old.
I start talking like Principle Krupp from Captain Underpants* when he unwittingly proposed marriage to one of the teachers.
*If you don't know Captain Underpants, you should immediately genuflect before the great Dav Pilkey and beg for forgiveness. Then click here and get your credit card out.Trust me, you'll want the whole set.
I decided to draw instead of phoning. Let's make a list of all the reasons why WACOM should sponsor my blog.
- I can make my own ad. And it would fit perfectly into my website. See?
- I draw with the WACOM every day, posting drawings AND animation several times a week to this humour blog.
- Product placement! The WACOM has already been featured on this blog several times! I often draw myself drawing with one; it could happen more often, right?
- My stats prove that I have a loyal and growing fan base.
- The folks who visit my blog are regular family people, some of whom may consider buying a WACOM for themselves or their aspiring artistic offspring instead of, say, a puppy.
- Some of my blog appreciators want to know how I do what I do; having an ad on the blog would save me the trouble of explaining!
- OK, so I'm not a digital artist like Bert Monroy who uses a million layers in his jawdropping work and draws with a WACOM. But that's precisely why I'm so sponsorable. I'm accessible.
- I could use the money. I mean, I'm not starving or anything but, you know, three kids, braces, college fees, dog food, wine. The ZOMBIE Fridge. It all adds up.
- The WACOM I draw with is very affordable and super easy!
- Imagine if they donated a WACOM for one of my contest prizes - my followers would go bananas!
- If WACOM doesn't sponsor me, I can do this ---->
Perhaps Anne is right.
I should prolly bite the bullet and phone WACOM up. What's the worst that could happen...?
PLEEZE comment below so I can show this to WACOM, giving them yet another reason to sponsor my blog. You could also tweet @wacom with the link to this post. And then go and tell @dotandlil to make the phone call for me.
UPDATE: July 1st 2011.
In case you're wondering, I did finally call WACOM. I sent them a proposal and I guess they'll respond at some point. But yesterday @wacom tweeted me this:
Will anything come of it? Who knows! The Quest for Sponsorship is almost as much fun as the drawing series in my proposal. I love drawing with my WACOM and I'm not about to stop. I'm like the Ultimate Brand Advocate. Woo!
What happened next?