Does this matter? I don't know! I have yet to figure Klout out. Here are 5 things a high Klout score probably cannot do for you:
- Rub ointment on your chilblains.
- Comfort you when you cry at movies.
- Get you a roll of toilet paper when you really, really need it.
- Draw a funny picture of you.
- Tell you when Mr. Crusty is hanging out of your nose.
- Feed you bacon. Wait, that's six. Okay six things then.
Drawing stuff about Klout is fun. I like it because Klout taps into a basic human condition: the need to be validated. If you're upset about your plummeting score, it might be useful to remember that Klout is not a social service, it's a business. You are valuable and awesome with -K and a big high five!
*An algorithm is a really amazing and fabulous thing that can predict stuff, like what size underwear your future mother-in-law will wear. Probably.