There's a QR code on the back instead of loads of text. Honestly, I wish everyone used them for their cards cuz it's kind of a pain to manually input names, numbers, websites, twitter handles, G+ profiles blah blah blah. See where I'm going with this? One nicely integrated QR code can do it all. Whatever link you submit, make sure it's mobile-friendly. I used this site to generate my QR codes.
"How do I read a QR code, JC?"
Aha! I thought you might ask that. This vlog is short and you get a nice view of my lap.
For those who prefer list instructions:
- You need a smartphone. Stupidphones don't do QR codes.
- Download a QR reader app onto your smartphone.
- Point your smartphone at the QR code, as if you were gonna take a picture of it. Make sure you see it in your viewer.
- The phone reads the code and displays the info on the screen.
- The app menu will offer you the chance to save the info in a number of ways.
- If it doesn't work, you maybe need to get your phone's IQ checked.
Stay tooned for tomorrow's release of the Pickle Weasel Calendar, complete with QR code FUN enhancers.
A camera that focuses close-up is on my Christmas wish list.