The election campaign, the results, and the fatal shooting at the Parti Québécois celebration rally left me with some lingering thoughts and feelings.
- I’m reasonably bilingual and I like it.
- Language issues remain divisive for some folks. But those who speak with violence ne parlent pas pour moi.
- Although I don’t consider myself a separatist, I love living in Québec. I especially love Montreal, peu importe ma langue maternelle.
- Honestly... I’m no longer certain what it means to me to be Canadian since Harper was elected as Prime Minister. The Canada I loved feels like it's disintegrating.
- Some Canadians outside of Québec seem to have a peculiar idea about what it’s like to live here.
- The first people that lived in this land spoke neither French nor English.